Becker’s can waterproof your brick, block and/or stone fireplace and chimney so water entry points are properly sealed. This can save tens of thousands of dollars of water damage to the home, particularly if the water entry point is at the roof line. As described on our chimney repointing page, our region is especially susceptible to precipitation fluctuations and surprise weather or storms. Most of the materials that make up a masonry chimney (brick, mortar, concrete, stone, flue tile, steel and cast iron) are affected by direct contact with water–all but stone will suffer accelerated deterioration. Even a stone chimney, because of the mortar used to hold it together, can be damaged. However, waterproofing can be used a preventative measure to extend the life of your chimney.
Waterproofing can Prevent:
• Rusted damper
• Deteriorated metal or masonry firebox
• Rusted fireplace accessories and glass doors
• Rotting adjacent wood and ruined wall coverings
• Water-stained walls and ceiling
• Clogged clean-out area
• Deteriorated central heating system
• Stained chimney exterior
• Decayed exterior mortar
• Cracked or deteriorated flue lining system
• Collapsed hearth support
• Tilted or collapsed chimney structure
• Chimney settlement
Let Becker’s be your waterproofing go-to professionals. Contact us to extend the life of your chimney today!